What to Expect …
What to expect for your appointment during the corona virus pandemic …
The health and safety of our patients is our number one priority at all times. Our entire team has completed training on policies and procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC (Center for Disease Control), the AOA (American Optometric Association), and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
We are committed to supporting our community in the safest way possible, and we thank you for continuing to support local businesses like ours.
Before your appointment:
– We will collect as much information over the phone as possible to minimize your time in the office.
- Any necessary forms such as new patient paperwork, consents, and screening test forms will be sent via text or email. There are no forms to print. Simply fill them out and submit them electronically prior to your appointment. (Arrangements can be made for those without an email or smartphone.)
- If you have new insurance cards, please text a picture of the front and back of the card to (618) 327-3231.
- If your appointment is scheduled within 2 weeks of your call, you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors.
- Obtain and wear a face mask to your appointment.
- Visit the Frame Gallery on our website to view our selection of frames. Utilize the red hearts in the gallery to create a “Wish List” so the optician can familiarize themselves with your likes/interests.
- Visit our “Care Credit Portal” to learn more about and apply for Care Credit — a healthcare financing and medical credit card!
Day of your appointment:
- Wear your contact lenses into the office (if applicable).
- Bring your most recent pair(s) of glasses and sunglasses.
- Arrive on time for your appointment.
- Call or text us from the parking lot, we will again review COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors, and we will let you know when we have a room sanitized and ready for you.
- You will be required to wear a mask into the office. If unable to obtain a mask, a disposable mask may be purchased from our office.
- Any companions should remain outside of the office. Exceptions will be made for parents, guardians and caregivers. Any companions entering the office will also be expected to wear a mask, screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors, have their temperature taken, and have their hands sanitized.
During your time in the office:
- Your temperature will be taken at the door with a non-contact thermometer.
- Your hands will be sanitized with Pure & Clean (hypochlorous acid) upon entry and throughout your visit.
- All equipment, door knobs, desks, chairs and touchable surfaces will be sanitized with Pure & Clean (hypochlorous acid) before and after your visit with us.
- Please avoid touching your face.
- If you must sneeze or cough, please do so into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- In the optical area, all touched or tried on frames should be placed in a basket for sanitation.
- Where available, materials you order can be shipped to your home at little or no charge.
We genuinely appreciate you choosing Advanced Vision Care for your eye care needs. We strive to make each encounter extraordinary, even in these trying times!